Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WHAT IS EVIL FOR?

None of us is called to destroy all the sufferings of
men, but only to serve men.


People always ask, " What is evil for ?"


What is evil ?


What we call evil is a challenge addressed to us, a


demand made upon our active love.

The man who will reply to these demands of the activity

of love will see precisely as much evil as he needs in order to

provoke his  activity.


Thus I think and feel now, but only lately I saw very


much evil, and I was vexed and in despair, and so I


prescribe the recipe which has helped me.


The moment you see an evil, even the smallest,
try to mend it, to diminish it,
and you will never see much evil at once
and will not arrive at despair,
and the hands will not drop,
and you will do much good.
 
LEO TOLSTOY

No comments:

Post a Comment