Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cheerfulness




Jesus laughed a lot. John wept a lot. John said
to Jesus, “You have become exceedingly carefree
against all the subtle deceits, that you laugh so
much.” Jesus replied, “You have become exceedingly
unmindful of the subtle, mysterious, wonderful
graces and loving kindness of God, that
you weep so much.” One of God’s saints was present
at this incident. He asked God, “Which of
these two has the higher station?” God answered,
“He who thinks better of Me.” In other words, “I
come when you think of Me. Each person has an
image and an idea of Me. Whatever picture he
forms of Me, there I am. I fill that picture where
God dwells. I care nothing for that point of view
where God does not exist. Cleanse your thoughts,
O human, for they are My abode and dwelling
place.”


RUMI

No comments:

Post a Comment